NYX Cosmetics Eyebrow Pencils: Photos, Review, & Swatches

3:00:00 PM

 I recently picked up one of each of Nyx's eyebrow pencils during a BOGO 50% sale on Ulta's site. I originally wanted the Anastasia Brow Wiz, but swatches showed that the Nyx Micro Brow is a bit more cool-toned, which is my main focus. I also saw that Nyx has a pencil in gray- like, totally grey! Perfect for platinum or silver hair. My current hair isn't grey enough for it, but layering a bit of it over the Micro pencil cools it down a bit even more.





Micro Brow Pencil

Taupe


The formula isn't super creamy, which I find makes it easier to use and harder to mess up. You can really control it and build it up without starting out too dark and having to try to tone it down. The spoolie is a bit firmer than others I have but not problematic and works great. This one is definitely a true taupe as well. This may become my new go-to instead of the Anastasia Dipbrow, since this is so quick and easy to use, even with my sparse brows.






Auto Eyebrow Pencil

Charcoal
 The formula of this is creamier than the Micro pencil, and the point is bigger. It's very pigmented and a bit trickier to use because of the creaminess. But if you like super creamy pencils, this is for you. If you aren't used to it, you have to really start with a light hand. The spoolie end is a short brow brush which I'm not very fond of; I still prefer spoolies.


Swatches of both; Taupe on left, Charcoal on right


xx,
         Charity

You Might Also Like

0 comments